Sunday, October 25, 2009

Grammies Birthday



Today is Grammies birthday so she got to sit around and do nothing all day. Well, she did make a meal or two and clean up a bit, but she wanted to, really.

 10 years ago, she got the Saturn for a birthday gift. We don't have room for another car so I decided to clean hers up as a gift to her. Don't scoff, after towing it in the rain all day yesterday you couldn't tell what colour it was, so I spent most of the morning getting it sparkling. Being a good sport, Grammie acted pleased about it. She said she already has lots of jewelery.

She did get an actual gift though. Before we left Kyle, Michelle, McKenzie and Andy gave us a Wii as a gift to cover all gift occasions while we are away. Grammies birthday is the first time the gift is received. Within hours she was bowling and playing tennis. I think its going to get used a lot.

Just down the road from our resort is a bunch of great restaurants. I took Grammie out for supper to Greg Normans Australian Lodge. Great atmosphere. We had a great meal and got to bring some prime rib home because of the large portions. We figured out this is the 43rd of her birthdays we have spent together. You'd think we would run out of things to do wouldn't you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Carmen!
I thought for second you got a new car for your birthday...not just a clean one! Ah well - it's the thought that counts!

Miss you both!

Karen
xoxoxo