Well, it rained all night and we had to break camp in the rain. At least it wasn't foggy so we could see to drive. As soon as we hit the interstate, the fog came back so we had fog and rain for an hour or two. The fog finally eased but the rain continued most of the day. After a particularly rough stretch of road, I found one of the side panels had broken loose from the shaking. I had to crawl under (in the rain of course) and tie it back with some wire; a repair job for later.
As we gradually made our way south east, through intermittent rain, we finally got a hint that we were at least getting more southerly. Cotton fields started to show up as we drove. You don't see that at home so I think we're making progress here.As we approached Myrtle Beach, the foilage was changing and we finally got away from the rain. I had to open my window because my back was sticking to the seat. Its getting hot and humid. Time to start complaining about the heat I suppose.
Arrived at the campground without incident and after setting up it was time for a relaxer. Its a great campground and we're sitting under a big tree in the shade. Life is good today.
No comments:
Post a Comment